SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarayale

setting up mirrors over bath vanity with sconces? Help needed.

sarayale
5 years ago

We have a bathroom in new construction for my twin girls. There is one countertop area that has a sink in the center and it is flanked by drawers on each side--same height as sink cabinet and then on each end a dropped make up counter. Trying to achieve good lighting at both the sink and make tables --I ended up flanking the sink with sconces and then putting one sconce on each end of each makeup table. so we have 4 total sconces. The problem I am having is what to do re mirrors. Not crazy about the idea of having one big mirror because I am worried about problems with mirror cut out for the sconces. My sister did that and the mirror eventually cracked. I can center a mirror between the two middle sconces and that will end up centered for the sink. The problem is if I center a mirror on each makeup vanity (30" wide and lower level) it will not be centered between the the end sconce and the sconce flanking the mirror. Do you think that will look bad? If I center the mirror between the end sconce and the one flanking the sink--then it wont be centered on the make up counter. I spent countless hours months ago but there was no way to get the good side lighting recommended for both make up tables and sinks without creating this mess. Thanks for anyone who can understand and assist.

Comment (1)