SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_732972892

Recommendation for compact front loading washing machine

HU-732972892
5 years ago

Our washing machine just died and I'm looking for recommendation.

Our requirements:

- Compact washer only, due to our very small laundry closet that only fits machines of 24" wide, or narrower.

- Has to be front loader washer

- I don't need fancy features. Would prefer longevity over features.

Due to warranty coverage, we're required to purchase through PC Richards (we're given credit to purchase a replacement, since the existing GE just died within warranty period), and our options are below. So my questions are:

1. Do you have any experience with the following models? Would you recommend any?

a. GE WCVH4800KWW (current machine that just died one week before 5-yr extended warranty expires)

b. Bosch Axxis (previous machine that died one month AFTER 5-yr extended warranty died)

c. Whirlpool WFW5090GW or WFW3090GW

d. Asko W6424W

2. It's been really difficult to find reviews online for compact washers. If I have to pick one from the above, which brand would give me the best machine with the longest life span? Again, prefer longevity over fancy features.

1. Both of my washers died around the 5 year mark - is that the expected life time? I thought washers would last longer (8-10 years)? By the way, both washers had their drums broke off from the spider arm.

4. It is also possible that perhaps I'm not using it right, or not doing enough maintenance. Any suggestions / tips on how to make front loaders last longer? I usually fill up 2/3 to 3/4 full, do about 4-5 washes a week, only uses HE liquid detergent, and do not use bleach.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and ideas!

Comments (18)