SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onnf2019

Making a Butcher Block a Warm Slightly Darker Shade

onnf2019
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm grateful for your consideration and appreciate all the input from the community.

The Maple butcher block counter is new and unfinished. It obviously is too close to the colour tone of the walls. The walls are painted to look like fresco because that's what we like.

The cabinets are cherry with a warm cherry stain. Handles are a warm shade of nickel? pewter? ($2 at ReStore Store) Sink is white from my mom's house. Faucet will be warm nickel. Upper cabinets are not white but rather the base colour of the fresco.

The dishwasher is stainless now but I am covering it to match the lower cabinets.

There is no backsplash by choice. There is a 1 1/2" maple trim along the edge of the counter. I'm guessing that would have to be stained to match the counter too.

The island will be in an area with fewer windows and near a black and nickel CornuFe. It has a maple top too. In this photo, the top is still wrapped in plastic.

You can see from the uppers that the wood is a bit darker in this area.

I need help with finding a product that is food safe and can take abuse. Don't mind if I have to redo it every few years. I'm not using a sealer.

This is a working kitchen. I look forward to the nicks and stains that will come with the joy of cooking for the people I love.

Comments (11)