SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

Modern Retreat

littlehelen_gw
5 years ago

Hi All, thought I'd share my recent quilting experience

I went to my first quilt retreat with 9 other members of the modern guild I belong; It's like sub group of the larger guild. Anyway, it was only a 2 hr drive to paw paw WV. The retreat is owned and operated by an awesome woman who happens to be a fabulous cook, three meals a day, plus snacks! (She catered to the dietary needs of each person! i was tired thinking of all the work she was doing). She is an ovarian cancer survivor so each participant made a block, and we assembled a table runner in the ovarian cancer color of turquois, during the retreat. Here's a pic of the runner we made, it fit her table perfectly, ( that's the retreat owner holding a partially finished table topper made by one of the members- it was finished by Sunday morning).

Also, on my to do,list is this Wip being assemale by another participant. It's called Vintage spinn, using aboriginal prints with a complimentary color. Once finished, you appliqué a circle in the center...the picture doesn't do it justice, it's so alive with movement and color, just love it.

Happy sewing!

V.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH