SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourwinds85

Opinions on Farmhouse Exterior

Patrick S
5 years ago

Hi All,

My wife and I have 5 acres we'd like to build a house on in the near future. We had initially settled on a Frank Betz plan, but it was bigger than we likely needed and it got ripped apart by people on here for its many flaws (I get it). We're going to meet an architect in a few days to discuss our future home. We've settled on a farmhouse. I'm not getting too caught up in whether or not its modern. I'm pretty adamant about not having any shiplap or other cool, current farmhouse decorative features that may be found in a modern farmhouse. I grew up in a 100+ year old simple farmhouse and I want this one to be simple too. We'll have fruit trees, gardens, and animals. A farmhouse seems to fit. I found this house some time ago and I really like the looks of the exterior. I've learned pretty quickly that I'm not wise in the ways of home plans or home design. So, I thought I'd throw this exterior shot up and see if there is anything glaringly obvious that anyone sees and might wish to critique so that I might have some constructive input to take when I meet the architect. We'll want to do a 3 car detached garage with a breezeway off the back left corner of the house with the garage oriented so that garage runs perpendicular to the roof line of the house (so that the garage doors aren't visible from the front). Thanks!

Comments (24)