SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_nguyen38

Need Help with Kitchen Lighting (Track vs Recessed) and Design

Jason Nguyen
5 years ago

Hello,

I just closed on a beautiful condo with a wonderful kitchen. Some of the features are a little dated and I need help with input on what I should do and what the potential trade offs might be. I have designs in mind but am open to whatever you guys think might also look good. The vibe I'm going for the place is a mix between modern, mid-century and leaning more on the masculine side. Thank you!

Right now there are currently 3 lighting sources, a recessed light, a track and a chandelier. I want to replace the chandelier with dual pendant lighting. I'm struggling with the decision to do recessed lighting in the kitchen versus keeping the track. Everyone says that tracks are outdated but the costs are significantly higher and I would like to allocate most of my renovation budget towards doing my bathrooms.

Current Kitchen:

Condo Renovations · More Info

Is there a track that might look OK in this kitchen? If I'm spending money on lighting anyway should I just go all out and do the recessed lighting? In terms of resale, are recessed lights that much more desirable that I would get a better ROI on them?

Possible Track?

I really love the design on the left. Is it possible to find a similar style that comes from a centralized box so I don't need to do electrical work? Does it look significantly worse if the two pendants aren't completely separate?

Desired Pendants:

Desired Bar Stools:

I was also thinking of this for the bar stools? What do you think? Any other options you think would go well with this kitchen?

Comments (8)