SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totolollipop

Before/After small bathroom reno, suggestions for finishing touches?

Toto
5 years ago

Before/After of a small (5ft x 9ft) bathroom renovation

Background: When we purchased this townhouse we knew this bathroom would need to be renovated because there was some evidence that moisture was getting behind the bathtub enclosure. So this was a renovation more of necessity rather than solely to update/remodel.

I had a short two-week lead-in (our contractor had a small window of availability) to plan what I wanted done and to make sure the materials/fixtures etc were available within that time-frame. This was my first time doing something like this, so it was a quick, steep learning curve. After reading some of the horror stories on here, I wanted to be at least semi-informed as to what was going on. I can say now I know a lot more about the many different ways you can properly waterproof a bathtub enclosure! Luckily it all came together and I had a fantastic contractor who did great work.

I like things pretty simple, minimalistic and functional – hence the Ikea vanity choice (probably an anathema to some on this board!). The tile was the biggest splurge, and I had a lot of fun (and angst) drawing up different tile layouts on graph paper trying to decide what I wanted.

Now that it’s done (see pics below), any suggestions for the finishing touches? I need to buy new bath towels and a bathmat – any colour suggestions? Plain old white or something else? Also thinking of putting something on the vanity countertop, like a vase or a plant.

Thanks for any help!

Pics in comments because I couldn't get them to post in the main post

Comments (19)