SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
portland_renovation

bathroom reno 99% done... need storage suggestions

Hi All,

I've posted a few times on the kitchen side, but not here on the bathroom forum. But I've been lurking for quite a while, getting some great ideas. We gutted our bathroom; it was the original bath in a 1910 portland bungalow, and was very *vintage*. The toilet and bath were in separate rooms, and there was no electricity or shower. The room that the toilet was in was so small that if anyone opened the door while you were sitting on the toilet doing your business, it would smack you in the knees.

In addition to renovating the bathroom, we had all the plumbing in the house replaced (we're gutting the kitchen next), had the electrical panel replaced and some stuff rewired.

I tried to keep the feeling of the bathroom in-line with the period of the house. We're also planning on adding a second bathroom upstairs sometime in the future, so we kept this one pretty basic. Since this is the only bathroom in the house, we couldn't move into the house until the bathroom was done, so we couldn't do anything too complicated. All in all, it took about a month.

Right now, we have almost no storage in the bathroom. Any ideas are welcome! Please excuse the random crap laying all over the floors; we just moved last weekend and between moving, unpacking, and having almost no storage, we don't know where to put anything.

Before (toilet on left, bathtub and sink on right):

Before (bathtub. Note lack of shower and the lovely pink decor!):

Before (scary):

During:

Floor (unglazed hex tile and black grout, with inset pattern; we've since added a quarter round between the baseboards and floor):

Tub, from craigslist (thanks, craig!!) You can see the only storage we have is that tiny cabinet we picked up off the street:

Sink and toilet (excuse the mess). Light fixtures from rejuvenation:

It's a pretty small bathroom, so there isn't a lot of room for storage, but there has to be some way to add some storage. Any ideas are welcome!! Thanks.

Comments (8)