SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanna_lamb

Upholstery Help!

Joanna Lamb
5 years ago
We recently completed a major renovation to our basement family room: put in a bathroom, moved some walls, added a gas fireplace, built in bookcases, etc. I LOVE the way it turned out...except that now we need some new furniture and I'm not really sure of my design vision from here! HELP! I need brainstorming ideas to cozy up the whole look. My husband wants a reclining sofa, and we want some swivel chairs near the fireplace, but we're can't seem to agree on a good neutral color for the couch. And I'd like to have more color in the chairs, but I don't know what color. What goes well with aubergine that'll help everything look more inviting AND maybe rock some art deco aesthetic?

It's all new paint and carpet. Three walls are BM Shale, the TV wall is BM Exotic Purple. the adjoining rooms have sage green in them, the adjoining bathroom has BM Sulfur Yellow. The title floor in bathroom and laundry room, as well as the stain on the stairs, is a match to Minwax Red Mahogany. The mirror over the fireplace is staying, it's brand new and I love the lines on it.

Comments (6)