SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanzone5

HOUZZ!! I can't get to the next page!

susanzone5 (NY)
5 years ago

It's almost impossible to find a way to contact Houzz for help. How do I get the message through to them that for days now, when I click on "next page" or the number of the next page, I get the following message:

This site can’t be reached

p refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Comments (38)

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    5 years ago

https://help.houzz.com/s/?language=en_US

Click on “submit a request” and then “app support”

• cooper8828
    5 years ago

I am also having this problem. There is also a post on the Rose forum about this problem. I have reported it and they told me to clear my cache, which is always cleared. It happens in three different up-to-date browsers.

susanzone5 (NY) thanked cooper8828
  • Related Discussions

WANTED: Wanted: Trudi, I can't find your page,e-mail

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi! I attached a link to the free seeds page at winter sown,the address to send your SASE is located here!:) Here is a link that might be useful: winter sown free seeds page
    ...See More

Why can't I print pages on sites?

Q

Comments (5)
    I have had the printer hooked up to the same computer for a couple years now. I uploaded new drivers for the printer wiht no help printing from a site. I have a Hp Photo Smart C4740. I haven't made any changes to anyhting . Yes, it is the default printer. I only go to HP and Microsoft and check for updates. I can't get it to print anything from any site I am on that I want to print an article from. I get Massage from Web Page- there was an internal error and IE is unabl;e to print this document. I tried again after I updated the drivers in my printer and got this again.
    ...See More

Houzz Has Become UnManageable... I Can't Search 50,000 Photos!

Q

Comments (79)
    When I started using Houzz I was amazed at how accurate the results of my searches were (in addition to the size of the photos database). It was a great resource. More recently when I've prepared to undertake projects, I've noticed that I just don't get the same, accurate results. My searches are riddled with results that just aren't pertinent. I think this is due to the incorporation of advertisers from my city and surrounding areas (contractors, builders, and others). There are enough ads (or results that are somehow influenced by someone who has something to sell) now to really hinder the flow of design ideas. I guess many internet sites end up using advertisers but it morphs the user experience. It's really made using Houzz less fruitful.
    ...See More

IE 11 keeps asking to choose home page - can't get past this

Q

Comments (2)
    It looks like a couple of our more knowledgeable members have tried to help with your problem, Connie...but in fairness to all who have tried to help...you need to give us all more information about your system. Like... Did you have a previous IE-11 home page? What was it? It may be the source of your problem by blocking any attempt at changing it. If not...what appears when you open IE-11? Blank? What internet security protection do you use? With what little I see...it would seem that something is blocking the option. Perhaps some App you downloaded. Perhaps your existing security software. The possibilities are many. If this is a possibility...you need to identify the blocking source and unblock the IE-11 homepage option. Having had my share of aggravating MS problems in my younger MS days...I understand your apparent frustration more than you can imagine. Please help us help you by providing more info.
    ...See More
  • Saypoint zone 6 CT
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Thanks, that worked for me. Clearing the cache worked.

• susanzone5 (NY)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Clearing the cache doesn't solve the problem. It's Houzz.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    5 years ago

At the bottom of every page in the GW part of Houzz (and perhaps on other parts of Houzz, but I don’t go there so don’t know) there is a link to Houzz support that takes you to several choices as to what kind of support. Under app support, you can send a message about issues under create a case.

• susanzone5 (NY)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I tried contacting them from the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and it took me through page after page of topics and suggestions that led nowhere.

• jekeesl (south-central Arkansas)
    5 years ago

Those two resources are very difficult to find for most of us. Thanks for the info mg.

• User
    5 years ago

This is the reply I got on 8-20 about the same problem. It is a generic answer.

Hi there,

Thank you for that information!

We recommend using Google Chrome, as it seems to work best with our site.

Also, let's try the following troubleshooting tips:

1. Ensure that you have the latest operating system for your device/computer
    2. Ensure that you have the latest version of the browser you are using
    3. Clear your browser history and cache/cookies
    4. Restart your computer

Let us know if this helps after you have logged back into your Houzz account!

Best,

The Houzz Team
    Houzz | The New Way to Design Your Home

This what I sent back. No more contact from them.

If you don't want to help, just say so. 1. I do use google chrome. 2. Yes, everything auto updates. 3. I'm not stupid. 4.You can't seem to program the site to work. You fix one thing and it messes everything else up. 5. The search function that used to work great on Garden Web, now just returns nonsense that is in no way connected to the term searched.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    5 years ago

I try to be more polite when asking for help with something I'm using for free.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

It is NOT a Houzz problem as I have not encountered this issue at all. And I post a lot on all manner of forums on a daily basis. It is something to do with your browser or your device.

I also have no issues withe 'search' function, either.

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    5 years ago

Clearing my history worked for me, iPad, Safari

5 years ago

Gardengal, I've had three significant browsing issues in the past two years that were Houzz problems. It is interesting that they only affected some users. Those affected users had all browser types, etc. After Houzz (or GardenWeb) claimed that the problems were from using the wrong browser, they finally admitted those problems were issues that were found and fixed on their end. In every case, the browsing issues were only encountered on this web site, and not on any of the other forums that I frequented. So, yes, I do believe that Sherry has likely encountered another Houzz gremlin and also think that the IT folks here are not very competent. And yes, the service is free here, and much appreciated. But anybody offering a service, free or not, can only fix problems if they are documented. Once that happens, failure to fix those problems is odd behavior for a site that lives and dies by its traffic.

• User
    5 years ago

I was very polite in my contact with them. I do not like getting a "form" letter for a response. I had already did all they suggested before contacting them and had conveyed that to them in my submission form. That is not on the emails.

Susan started the thread. She is having the same problem.

The service is not really free. They are mining our data to sell.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

I guess I have difficulty accepting it is a Houzz problem if it is only sporadic in who it affects. How can that be? I have been a very frequent forum participant here since almost the start of Garden Web and I have just never encountered the repeated difficulties that many here complain about nor have any number of other participants. It seems to be so arbitrary.

"They are mining our data to sell."

I'd be interested to know who they might be selling it to as I have also never received any ads or emails that would indicate my info is being acquired by other sources.

• ckerr007
    5 years ago

Confirming that I too cannot get to the next page (by either the "Next" tab or page number) on the computer at my office (trying both IExplorer and Edge browsers) or at home last night (using Firefox browser). Error message every time. On my IPhone it uses a script that auto loads down the page so you don't need to scroll to the next page. Or maybe you do eventually but only after "X" number of messages have loaded through the script.

• mad_gallica (z5 Eastern NY)
    5 years ago

At this point in time, it is very well established that they are running different enough software for the various browser/OS combinations that some combinations are much more/less buggy than others. I've got an old Mac, and usually run Firefox. It tends to work quite well. However, when I tried Safari during the serious meltdown, I hit every bug in the book, including the one that made the reporting problems form inaccessible. So just because your combination works does not mean that the people having problems have done anything wrong.

I do think that if you are technically literate enough to switch browsers, switching away from Safari is a good idea. They are claiming they prefer Chrome, but Chrome users have had enough problems that I'm not convinced that is the ultimate solution. Unquestionably, they should do enough testing on different platforms that these messes don't occur. The suggestion that they hire programmers who have graduated from high school has been made many times.

• dwiggins7aidaho
    5 years ago

This past week, I also couldn’t get to the next page, on two different days. I use Safari on an iPad. The message I received, both times, was “...couldn’t locate the server.” Safari located every other non-GW/Houzz server I went to on both days.

• User
    5 years ago

What is odd, is that I haven't had one problem until a few days ago..........

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    5 years ago

I agree with mad Gallica that the Houzz techies just haven’t gotten the bugs worked out for various browsers and devices. However, most websites manage this issue far more successfully than Houzz does!

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

They say to use the latest version of Chrome. My Chrome is constantly being automatically updated. I contacted and told Houzz my problems with photos twice. It's obviously not a user problem when you go to make a thread, and the photo option box never shoes. They then sent me a survey, supposedly to make everyones experience here better, but it started out with questions like how often do you shop at home depot, so that just confirms that Houzz is only interested in profits. Maybe they would make the whole experience better for anyone who purchases items from them. Gardengirl, you are ubiquitous and ever present on this website, but I have never, ever seen you post a single thread or photo in all this time, so how could you really know what any of us are experiencing?

• ckerr007
    5 years ago

It worked for me 2 hours ago, now it doesn't again. Definitely some issue going on.

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

I was going to mention that bit also, that sometimes things work here, but never consistantly. So someone can go and post a thread with a photo to show that the rest of us complainers are crazy, but it all still keeps happening. I'm beginning to find the whole issue hilarious because nothings changing. I will make my way through brush and thickets to get a close up look at an appealing flower, very much like trying to post a thread with a photo, but if things were to digress to the point that it was even impossible to post a comment, well then noone else would be able to be made aware of it and Houzz might not even take notice. Everyone having problems should contact house sbout it. They told me they would have someone monitering the situation, but I find that hard to believe.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    5 years ago

W10 and Firefox have been working f̶i̶n̶e̶ satisfactorily for about a month now.✔

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    5 years ago

I'm puzzled by this whole question because as far as I recall I've never seen or used a 'next page' option. I don't see page numbers either. Are you using the whole Houzz site? Where do you you see these tabs offered? I only use GardenWeb and I don't recognise these options at all. I don't go into GW via Houzz. Just straight from my bookmarks to the Forums.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    5 years ago

floral I use GardenWeb and the page numbers and next page are beneath the oldest comment if you scroll to the bottom. They only show when you are entering Name That Plant, Perennials etc. They are not visible when making a comment on a thread.

This was one of the issues addressed after the changes months ago. People missed the feature so they brought it back.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    5 years ago

Right. I don't see them because I'm on here so frequently I never go down to the bottom of the screen when I open a forum. I just start with the most recent posts. However, I've tried it out and it works absolutely fine for me.

• User
    5 years ago

Ok, It's not me, my browser, my computer, ect. In the address bar, mine said https://www.gardenweb.com  Under that, I could not go to page two on my topics unless I picked one topic, such as Kitchen Table, then it would go to page 2. It has always worked since they reinstated the page numbers and that was the link I have always used.

I changed the address bar to https://www.houzz.com and now from the list of all my topics I follow, I can go to however many pages I want.

I knew it was a programming error on their end.

• ckerr007
    5 years ago

I second Sherry's analysis. If you have multiple topics selected (e.g., I have perennials, shrubs, and trees) and are on gardenweb.com with all your topics showing in one discussion thread, you get an error message when you try to go to the next page. But if you select only one of your topics, as in I click perennials and limit my view to that discussion thread, I can click to subsequent pages. Something about viewing multiple topics on a single discussion thread is preventing toggling to the next page. And again, this is my experience on a desktop computer with W10 using Iexplorer and Edge browsers (office) and a desktop with W10 using Firefox (home). It's a non-issue on my Iphone 8 because there's a script that continuously loads the discussion without advancing to the next page.

• cooper8828
    5 years ago

Sherry - thanks! That is working for me. I just got a response from the email where I reported this issue, and I had included screenshots. The response I got was to contact my ISP as they could not duplicate the problem. I told them "no problem. Others are reporting the same thing. Another user figured out a fix."

5 years ago

Houzz almost always blames the user, even when several people report the same problem.

• dvd94
    5 years ago

I had a similar problem last year - it started with Houzz, then in time morphed to other similar type sites. As the problem worsened I contacted Houzz, then my internet provider, paid support -- and anyone else that would listen. Since it began happening with all browsers and only certain types of sites, I determined it had to be something gone awry with my laptop's registry. Not knowing enough about that and not wanting to re-format my computer back to factory fresh - which would mean re-installing all my programs anyway - I bought a friend's laptop that he didn't need any more; at least all the usual software was already in place and I only had to re-install my personal programs. No more problems with sites (including Houzz - which tells me it wasn't Houzz - although since I do access it a lot, I'm thinking the Houzz site caused the initial conflict - I now surf Houzz with kid-gloves and do not try to do too much at one time, as I used to).

• bengz6westmd
    5 years ago

The "Name That Plant" forum is screwed up for me, at least. Made a post (replies to posts works OK), seemed to succeed, even shows up on my "activity", but has never showed up on the forum. And no, clearing the browser cache or refreshing makes no difference......

• User
    5 years ago

I just tried to post a question. I wanted it in "The Kitchen Table" and "Home Decorating Conversations".

If the address bar is Houzz.com, I can post to "Home Decorating Conversations", but not "Kitchen Table". They only have Kitchens.

If the address bar is Garden Web it is exactly the opposite. I CAN post to Kitchen Table, but not Home Decorating Conversations. They only have Home Decorating.

• debbie1000
    5 years ago

I have been getting the same thing but only when I am in "your topics" (I follow bathrooms, kitchens and a few others.) But when I go into for instance "kitchens" or bathrooms separately (scroll down from "your topics") then it is fine.

• User
    5 years ago

I can get into either just to read them. I just could post to both unless I changed the address bar and did two separate posts. I didn't want to bother with that and just deleted the whole thing.

This place is an awful confused mess and they are crazy if they think I am going to order from them.

• signet_gw(6b)
    5 years ago

Going to interject here with my experience .

Name that plant forum is not the only one experiencing problems. I have visited a number of forums and run into the same problem. When you post there is the box for the initial statement or question. You fill that and then you fill in the box below what becomes the title of the post. Then you hit next . That brings you to a page that allows you to pick your topic , once you have done that you hit Post. In many many cases either or both pages get " stuck " at this point. At the right lower part of the post it shows three little dots that appear to scroll from the first to the last and this just keeps going and going and going . Some have experienced an inability to post images in the post as well . This is not a browzer issue , nor a cache issue. This only started when Houzz decided to change the way posts were going to be available to more than one forum if you wanted. Had they left the site alone so many people would not be having these issues and it seems they have not been able to fix the glitch they created and nothing is more frustrating than to get a generic reply that basically says ...."too bad !"

Let's face it , Houzz is not a garden site . It is here only to sell product their product . The fact that they continued with the Gardenweb part of the site I guess is a bonus but a frustrating one that they cant seem to fix it seems.

• PRO
    Miracle Makeover Designs, LLC
    last year

Is anyone having problems with their mood boards missing in HouzzPro? It appears that a lot of my older mood boards I created are gone. Please help. No response from Houzz yet.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting