SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_grimsley

wall paint and painted cabinets issue

Sandra Grimsley
5 years ago
My kitchen cabinets are painted SW Gossamer Veil 9165. They are installed in a small 1700 sf, open concept kitchen breakfast area and living area, with 8 ft ceilings. All the remaining rooms on the opposite sides of the home touch this room. I opted to use one paint color-SW Drift of Mist 9166-for the entire home except,the main bath and love all my paint, tile/counter, and cabinet selections. The trim is SW Origami White 7636. My tile/counter consultant helped me with the paint color selections and I do truly love them and everything that has been installed so far. I am a little worried that the cabinet color and wall color are side by side on the color strip, the top two colors. Cabinet is darker than the wall. I have not been able to experiment with samples due to the distance from the home, and honestly don’t want to even attempt to figure it out. I am no good with paint colors. Has anyone had any experience in using colors side by side on the color chart that are adjacent to each other or in this situation?

Comments (80)