SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emyjo75

Kitchen Cabinet Quandry; to drawer insert or not

E. Brower
5 years ago

Hi All,

I am tackling my first big project on my town house after 7 years of living with it as it was. My kitchen is the biggest update and I'm trying my best to be thoughtful with budget but keep the options that I really want.

My general contractor suggested a RTA cabinet option instead of the IKEA options I was considering. I've been working with a designer from a RTA cabinet site. The struggle has been REAL in getting on the same page with them. I believe we are finally there with layout, style, and pieces needed. While going over the shopping cart, I am noticing that adding pull out drawers increases the cost of each cabinet by a few hundred bucks for each piece. Which is a bummer!

As a notice, I need some input on whether it is cost effective to have the drawers ordered from the RTA company at the same time or order them separately from another company that does just inserts. Zero custom sizing, so I would imagine I could find stand alone inserts to add after installation fairly easy. Is it worth it financially to do this in two parts or not?

Signed-

Sticker shock is a very real thing

Comments (9)