SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nehome

PROS for Slide In Range with No Counter Overlap

nehome
5 years ago

What are the PROS/CONS of a Slide In Range that DOES NOT have the range top counter overlap? I am considering a Jenn Air Electric range and was told by the Sales Rep that they redesigned the Slide In Range because there were complaints with the previous overlap design that created installation problems, i.e. counter needs to be notched and the overlap may not sit flat on the counter. I noted that other brands with the overlap have a notice posted on the display that installation may require a counter modification.

I am aware of 3 CONS to the Overlap, i.e. 3 PROS for No Overlap

1. Notching the counter top may be an issue 10 years from now, when I may need to replace my range, particularly if the trend goes toward no overlap slide ins.

2. The overlap would not allow any liquid spills to be contained within the range and would spill off to the counter.

3. The overlap just creates another edge for crumbs and gunk to get caught, much like my current drop in kitchen sink .

I know the no overlap means I'll still have the crumb problem that I have with my free standing, but some of the cons of the overlap may outweigh that issue.

Comments (12)