SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maria_palmieri55

New kitchen cabinets- are these plywood/"good quality"?

Maria Palmieri
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

So, I want to give a disclaimer: I understand that this is a very difficult thing to ask through the internet/pictures. I totally understand that. We're just kind of desperate and don't know anybody who is knowledgeable and can give us this information in person. I thought that maybe an expert/pro would be able to provide SOME feedback at least, but maybe it's wishful thinking.

Here's the summary: we are remodeling our kitchen. Received a referral from a family member, we're on week 2 and have had sooooo many issues with the contractor. We haven't seen our family member's kitchen but she said her cabinets were "good quality". Not sure she even knows what "good quality" means. The contractor told us when we first met with him that his cabinets were good quality, plywood construction, etc. 1st mistake: we believed him without seeing proof. I know. We made a mistake.

Cabinets were delivered and they started assembling them. When I saw them, I worried. They look like my IKEA dresser. Here are some pics I took of the partially-assembled cabinets. Any feedback on quality based on the little you can see?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz