SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renov8or_nyc

How to get a 35" wall cabinet out of IKEA

Renov8or
5 years ago

I wanted to share this with IKEA fans, who may run across this same issue. I'm in love with the symmetry of the wall cabinets on the perimeter of this inspiration kitchen:

Greenwich Street · More Info

We're using IKEA boxes and custom doors. I love their new longer 40" wall cabinets, however the 90" high pantries is dictating how high we can hang them and it wasn't leaving me the 24" clearance above the cooktop that the hood and cooktop specs call for.

I went in for a design session at IKEA Brooklyn and Deb (callout!) came up with a solution. Stacked cabinets — 15 over 20 — covered by a single door. As the doors are custom, I'm not bound by IKEA door sizes; I can order them whatever size I want.

I know that I could have used a shorter cabinet over the cooktop. And my contractor was willing to cut one down a few inches to fit. But that wouldn't be the same to me. It's the symmetry of the perimeter cabinets that I love about this design.

I thought I'd put it out there for anyone searching for a 35" IKEA wall cabinet solution.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm