SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jetset2000

Interior Paint-The gray color i chose looks like it's blue, advice pls

jetset2000
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I’m getting Behr Dophin Fin (gray color) painted in the interior of my house which I just bought. I’m so shocked tonite when i saw it had a blue undertone, it looks like a very light sky blue color. i can’t even tell it’s gray.

I'm getting the walls painted satin except for the bathroom and kitchen where it will be semi-gloss. (I wonder if the sheen has something to do with it)

I bought 3 different gray colors samples, and painted it in different areas of the house, and looked at it in different time of the day. (I didn’t look at it at night coz I havent fully moved out of my apartment, and i’m not staying at the house at the moment)

I finally went with Dolphin Fin.

Today, the painters (5 of them) came in at 4 pm (because they have a day job at a construction company painting). and they. I left the house at 6 pm to do some stuff. and I dropped by the house at 9 pm, they had covered about 75% so far, except for the kitchen, and 2 bathrooms.

Looking at the dolphin fin color, it has such a blue undertone. it looks like a very light sky blue color when i dropped by to look at their progress. i don’t know if its the incandescent light bulb giving it that color,

but i did google it and read that dolphin fin has a blue undertone. but i also read that dolphin fin is a a warm gray, and i also read it gives a true gray color.

but i don’t like it. eventually i plan to replace those incandescent light bulbs to LED bulbs, but i’m not holding out that it will make a difference and make it look more gray.

at this time, what should i do? backtrack and start over? i’m sure those painters will like that because it will probably set me back another $1200=1500 if i do decide to start from the beginning and re-paint over those walls.

just frustrated at this time, and need advice, i'm gonna drop by the house tomorrow again. maybe because the paint was still drying, maybe by tomorrow it will turn out like the actual gray color i saw online and on the paint sample.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!