SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sikhanh

Built-in bookcase

Deco Holic
5 years ago

Hello from Southern California,

I wonder if some of you can give me some pointers. I recently had a contractor built a custom built-in bookcase but I am not happy with it. I am thinking of redoing it but not sure where to start or even possible with the budget constrain.

The bookcase dimensions: H X W X D (74 X 34 x 9"). There will be three floating shelves and three cabinet doors below the shelves. Initially I was going with a German system but they refused as it's too small of a project. Budget up to 12 K. Searched local area and found one that has decent quality material and track record. They will charge 12K for the dimensions aforementioned. I was not too keen on paying if it's was not a German system. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations.

I have looked further and seen that California Closet offers custom built to exact dimensions. I am not too keen on California Closet as they only have laminates as their materials.

Does anyone know any builders (preferable server Southern California) who can help with my project? The bookcase contemporary style so things have to have all the line straight etc. I also prefer wood veneer or maybe even solid wood.

As for budget, I am hoping that it will be less than 10 K if it's not a German system. I wonder if my expectations are unrealistic given the budget.

Comment