SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_985529540

Living Room Advice - Wood Ceiling - too much beige!

Erika B
5 years ago

We recently moved into a home that is new to us. The home has warm colored wood ceilings and a "chicago brick" fire place and large sliders that lead to a screened-in pool area. These features are really what made us fall in love with the home.

However, upon moving in and moving in all of our furniture, I find that the same design elements we loved about the house are making for some design dilemmas. First, I find the home too dark and to "warm." Second, while I suspect the home could lean toward a Mediterranean style, I'm having a hard time incorporating these elements while bringing the house to more modern decor style.

So, I am hoping you can help offers some suggestions on how to brighten up the space. Thoughts on painting the walls all white? Other design ideas to bring the space to modern times without redoing the fire place? FYI - I don't love modern style per se, but I don't want to be in the 90s. :)

I hope this makes sense. I am a bit out of my element in this home and used to working with cool colors - greys, blues ect. I appreciate your thoughts!

(Pic posted to give you an idea of paint color, second photo shows room)

Comments (5)