SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivolgabird

Need a style for a living room

ivolgabird
5 years ago

We just moved in into a new house and struggling with figuring out what to do with the living room. It has two focal points - TV and the fireplace, so placement and style of the couches is a challenge. These two pictures are from the previous owners. I think the position of the couches is optimal (we have 2 children who would be spending a lot of time on the couches watching TV, so they need to be big and/or family-friendly), but I wonder if there's a better way to arrange lounging/sitting for at least 4 people without blocking the flow. We prefer sectionals and couches, and not individual chairs (kids like to snuggle), and the TV is non-negotiable :-)

The dining room can go. Not a big fan of the green on the walls nor the furniture. We are going more for a coastal/airy feel, and the green feels heavy.

Another consideration is the hutch (shown in a different space). It has sentimental value and has to find space in the living/dining room. It's more representative of my aesthetic anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to everyone who will reply to this plea for design help! We are desperate for it!

Comments (30)