SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon_wi

Full Replacement Marvin Windows with brick exterior

Shannon_WI
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

A few years ago, I replaced some old awful casement windows with Marvin Ultimates casements in one room. I think the Marvin Ultimates are great, but I have had an issue with being able to hang cellular blinds within their frames. The depth is not enough to hang the blinds due to how the Ultimates' casement frame has a lot of steps in it. Now I want to replace several old windows in another bedroom.

When the contractor came to look at it and measure, he said that because this bedroom faces the back, which is a brick exterior, there should not be the depth issue for the Marvin Ultimates that the other room's windows had--those faced the front which is not a brick exterior. He mentioned something about setting it differently because of the brick.

I didn't ask him what he meant by that, and we got distracted by talking about my choices, and when he'd send the quote, etc. I am unlikely to use him--he was 2 hours late for the appointment, and was rushed and abrupt--so am reluctant to try to reach him for more explanation. These will be full replacements, but they are replacements, not new construction. Can one of the experts here please explain to me why the fact that the exterior is brick would enable the replacement window frame to be deeper and what he meant by setting back? TIA.

Comments (8)