SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
07cooper

New Build - exterior color- need inspiration

07Cooper
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Home is close to but not on the water. Climate - hot/humid summers with mild winters- minimal freeze. No homeowners. Homes nearby are on stilts and are a lighter/coastal color except for immediate neighbors house which is dark blue. Road has a mixture of homes: ranch, craftsman, small farm and coastal.

This home is on a crawlspace. Foundation is concrete block that will be covered with a tabby coat (oyster shell/concrete mix). Lot drops off towards the left and back about 5'. Hardie panel and lap siding (6" below band board and 4" above).

I was originally thinking a modern look with light color siding with dark grey and teak and black windows. However, window lead time was 4 weeks so I needed to make a decision and as I was unsure of exterior color I went with white.

Also considering a pastel color - maybe a green or a blue given location and tabby coat- and these colors appeal to me too. Roof will be architectural shingles and given the geographical location a lighter color would be best.

Looking for advice on color for all. I can't think how to get all the components to tie in together without having a patchwork of colors (roof, panels, band board, 6" and 4" siding, trim) which will look awful.

Image below seems to show a gap in the siding from foundation bb to window band board - not sure why it loaded like this but thats incorrect the siding is continual..

New Build · More Info

New Home in Bethesda, MD · More Info

Exteriors · More Info

Baseview Cottage · More Info

Comment (1)