SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nick_allott

HELP! Kalanchoe Beharensis/Felt Bush dropping leaves!

Nick Allott
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I’ve got what I believe is a Kalanchoe Beharensis (Felt Bush) that’s having some issues.

My girlfirend and bought one each (from Ikea) last year, and mine dropped all of its leaves one by one and eventually died while hers was fine... But, the remaining one has started dropping to.

I really want to keep it alive as it’s beautiful, and I don’t think I’ll be able to get another one (it’s the only time I've ever seen them over here in the UK) .

Just wondering if anyone has any tips? At first I thought I’d killed mine from over watering (I‘m away a lot so I try to water as much as possible when I’m back, which works for the rest of my Cacti and Succulents, but ferns hate me) and then we thought it might be because the remaining one is near the radiator, but now we’re truly stumped.

I’m afraid to water it too much as it’s in a coir/soil mix and it seems to hold water, and we only have a small north facing window, and a south facing window that’s getting a lot of sun here at the moment, so it’s been in the middle of the room so it doesn’t get sun damaged (I’ve read they like filtered sunlight?)

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers,

Nick

Comment