SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sterling_camden

Stem Rot in Mature Plumeria! Please Help!

Sterling Camden
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I repotted my plumeria this spring and did a little root pruning and I think I must have made a mistake because he began to wilt and now definitely has stem rot. I cut back a good chunk of one branch in attempt to cut off the rot but I can't keep cutting without cutting him down to a stump. Does anyone know what I should do? Can I save this plant? I have had this plumeria for 7 years and love it dearly.

I don't want to do anything too drastic but I'm considering cutting the three taller stems at the top (see the pics) and trying to root them. Do you think they would have a better chance if rooted below the branching since they are so thin? (Assuming theres not too much rot there) Then cut down on the main stem as far as I have to do until there is no rot and then watering the remaining planted stem with an organic fungicide.

I've done the pin test up the main stalk all the way to the branch of three and no liquid comes out any where that Ive tested. I would almost think that he was dehydrated except that he is fairly squishy in places and not hard.

I'll attach photos in a follow up. Please let me know if you have any ideas to save this guy. He means a lot to me.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County