SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c0demancer

Concrete stained from sprinklers

c0demancer
5 years ago

Hi. I had my house completed about 1 year ago in June. We immediately had our sprinklers and sod installed so we could start getting our yard established before it got too hot. We were told we should seal our concrete when we can, but at that point the temperatures were already in the low 90s consistently and the products I had found said they should only be used when temperatures are consistently below 85. We decided to put it off until fall.

Unfortunately, we found that within just a month, our concrete was being stained where the sprinklers overshot the yard and created a nice dark strip on either side of the driveway (our water is quite hard, if that matters). I was hoping that with time, the water would work its way out and it would return to its normal color, but one year later it is still stained. We did not end up sealing in the fall to try and give it time to even out with the winter snows, but that didn't work.

Is there anything we can do to try and remove or even out the stain apart from trying to wastefully run water over the unstained parts of our driveway? It's not the end of the world, but it definitely detracts from the look of the concrete.

Thanks

Comments (9)