SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marklong0164

Shallow track Blinds for a window wall?

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'll be building 26' of windows across my dinning/living room, the header is up in the ceiling so the inside/outside ceiling is flat/continuous. Due to the structure, I can't put roller blinds up in the ceiling and don't want the roller disrupting the inside/outside continuum.

Still deciding on the door system, fleetwood, La Cantina, Western, multi-slide. We see all these great photos of expansive openings, but you rarely see what they do for blinds. This will be on the water, so potential for small boats going by as close as 30'.

The only thing I've found is the Hunter-Douglas skyline panel, the track is ~0.75" deep and be notched into the ceiling panels. https://www.hunterdouglas.com/window-treatments/vertical-blinds/skyline

Any other options? Open to rollers, planels, maybe even curtains if they can compress to a small enough size.

One related question, I'd like to go as sheer as possible to preserve the view, I' having a hard time judging how much you'll be able to see in at night with the room is moderately lit. Any advice? photo comparisons? A way to maybe point some lights at the shade from the outside to make the shade brighter than the interior?

Comment (1)