SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ana_pereira40

Trim around stone windows and garage??

Ana Urban
5 years ago
We are building a home and are facing a huge dilemma. We put up a stone accent at the advice of our contractor (my dad) and I personally think it's WAY too much stone, but what's done is done. To offset the stone a bit, I was thinking we could cut a 4 inch trim around the stone window and garage and put the same nice white trim we're going to have around all the other windows (the rest of the house will be light gray shaker siding).

I've asked two different interior designers and they both agreed with me that this was the right move. The problem is my contractor VEHEMENTLY disagrees and I'm at a loss for what to do. He thinks it would be so stupid for me to cut real stone to put up "plastic.". He thinks I should leave it the way it is. Any input (professional or otherwise) would be greatly appreciated!!! Would cutting the stone be a bad move? I included pics of what it looks like now as well as a quick "mock up" I did on Photoshop (my Photoshop skills are limited! I was just experimenting).

Comments (14)