SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fauguy

Power brown-out stops new Miele Dishwashers?

fauguy
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

As some of the regulars in here may know, my Miele Diamante Plus that I've been using since 2010 died on me earlier this year, and back in April I replaced it with a new Miele Crystal G6625 model.

I've been pleased with it over the past two month, and it does preform better than the older model.

But there is one change that I do not like!

Living in South FL, we sometimes get "brown outs" where the power voltage will drop some for a second. This usually doesn't effect anything, as TVs, AC, and electric clocks all continue to work just fine.

Last night I turned on the dishwasher and was watching TV. After about 10 minutes there was a brown out, the lights dimmed, but the TV, AC and Washing Machine continued to work. However, the new Miele Dishwasher stopped and the green Start LED was flashing when I went into the kitchen an hour later. As it turns out, it had been sitting like this for the past hour since the brown out! It happened before the detergent door opened. I know that on my older Miele from 2010, that after any power outage or brown out, the unit would resume the wash cycle from wherever it left off. But this does not appear to be the case on the newer model. So today I did some testing, started a wash cycle, if there is any power outage to the unit (or even a lower voltage brown out), it will stop and just sit there with the green Start LED flashing.

What if this happened during the middle of the night? I go in the kitchen the next day and everything is sitting there wet with water in the tub? Have to either continue the cycle where it left off, or drain it and start a new cycle?

If this is the case, I can't understand why Miele would want this in their dishwasher.

The older model would start right back after power was restored, but the new model just sits there until you press Start.

Comments (14)