SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianela7analabama

slowly coming back from thrips craziness

dianela7analabama
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have been spraying with beauveria bassiana for the past 3 weeks or so, and a bit of Safari (very little). The thrips are not completely gone, but certainly their numbers are down enough to able to enjoy blooms again. Japanese beetles are still around, but honestly they have not caused the destruction the thrips did. Maybe because I started hunting them down as soon as they first appeared, while the thrips went unnoticed until too late. I have been out of town and not posting for a week or so, but my husband was kind enough to send me some pictures today =). The picture quality is not great so I will take some better ones with my iphone to update them after I make it home this weekend. I just couldn't contain my happiness after seeing some blooms again.

Darcey Bussell rose in front, Bosco with Lichefield Angel barely visible on left back

My Roses and clematis 2018 · More Info

Front bed in progress: This bed has Moonstone, Mary Rose, Fiji, Lichfield A, Madame A,

Ballerina, Iceberg, Earth Angel, Your are the one (mini), Daylilies, Salvia and that Cana that refuses to die. I thought it was a goner this winter and it survived inside the rotten stump.

Lichefield A on right, Crape Myrtle blooming on left. This left bed has 2 tiny Aptous roses, Benjamin B, and a wisteria I plant to train on the obelisk

This is another unfinished bed (most of mine are unfinished). Sharing the space are: Benjamin B, Charlotte, Crown Princess M, Queen of Sweden, Carding Mill and Princess Alexandra of K. The PAK are very tiny behind the bench.

Comments (8)