SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jody_gilliam11

Panel Ready Refrigerators: How customizable are they really?

Jody Gilliam
5 years ago

I am considering the idea of a panel-ready refrigerator, but i have no idea how to shop these things, much less customize it for my kitchen work-in-progress. How customizable are these fridges really? Can I turn my closet door (a slatted, shutter-like wood panel door) into the front panel of my fridge?

I am desperately trying to keep the original wood (closet) doors in my house (the key source of character in my 1925 home). I am removing one of the 33 inch-ish closet doors and sliding a 33-inch wide fridge into the space for a near-seamless fit.

But what would make the room even BETTER is if I could take the closet door--the slatted, shutter-like wood panel door--and actually turn it into the front panel of a panel-ready fridge. Cloud I be so lucky?

My husband is a bit of a carpenter with access to some big wood saws and equipment. So I could virtually custom fabricate the dang thing myself if I had a clue as to where to start with all this.

Do they even make 33-inch panel-ready fridges? (this width is smaller than the standard 36 inch)...

Advice?

Any advice?

Comments (7)