SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcorn1

Nevio sectional. Macy’s . Anyone have experience w this?

J Corn
5 years ago

The Nevio felt good but of course we had limited time to test it. It has excellent reviews, all 5 stars and 26 reviews. Although I’m not a huge fan of sectionals, we couldn’t find our first preference, 2 recliner sofas, that fit both our budget and checklist.

The Nevio offers a variety of configuration options, comes in a color that works in our room, is priced to fit our budget, etc.

Anyone have experience with Macy’s sectionals? . What about the Nevio?

https://m.macys.com/shop/product/nevio-5-pc.-fabric-sectional-sofa-with-chaise-1-power-recliner-articulating-headrests-created-for-macys?ID=5346350

Comments (83)

• mrzjames
    5 years ago

Hello, did anyone purchase the WorryNoMore protection plan? Who is the manufacture for this sectional? I am considering purchasing but want to know a bit more.

J Corn thanked mrzjames
  • durango118
    5 years ago

Read the reviews on the "Worry No More protection plan" .

J Corn thanked durango118
  • Related Discussions

Malabar Spinach? Anyone have experience?

Q

Comments (38)
    Thanks, Tracydr, I was going to ask about Kale. I wonder how it would do planted in fall? Have you tried Kale chips yet? I will have a narrow but very long raised bed area along the east side of my property that I'm thinking of doing a bit of a chicken wire-hoop thingy over (the bunnies appear to be quite prolific - I might have to raise some lettuce or something just for them - distractions, lol) for raising veggies. I did very little vegetable gardening last time I lived there, but I'm hoping to change that this time around. I've had it with grocery store "vegetables".
    ...See More

Does anyone have exp w/ Palliser furniture, theaterseatstore.com?

Q

Comments (4)
    I have a recliner chair and recliner (2) sofa from Palliser. Its now about 8 years old. It is all leather, even the sides and back. The sofa has worn well - no tell tale worn areas (that's basically where I sit). However, the recliner has areas where the leather has "peeled". It kinda looks like what your skin does when you get a sunburn if you know what I mean. The area is on the part of the recliner where my husband puts his elbows and on the part where the back of his thighs just above the knees would rub the recliner. I should have called the place I bought it from when it first started happening but I didn't. I don't know if they would have done anything about it or not. The warranty was 5 years on materials and this probably started happening just before that. It's not bad but you can tell the difference from the condition of the sofa and the recliner. Hubby does "really use" his recliner, throws his legs over the arms of it and sits on the floor in front of it and leans back on the same area that his thighs would rub on it. Not sure if the leather was faulty on that piece or if its the "normal wear and tear". I wouldn't consider it abused by any means such as kids being on it would cause problems. The structure of the pieces are solid, heavy and the mechanisms work great. We were told that you should use the recliner lever to lower and raise the footrest and not to just push on the footrest,so we make sure we use it correctly. Quality wise, structure wise, I think its a good company. I am at fault for not following through with the wear problem. I might have been able to have it repaired or replaced when it first started happening. Now I know its too late to do anything about it.
    ...See More

Anyone experience issues installing their panels on Bosch dishwasher??

Q

Comments (27)
    @jborge - stumbled on this chat when researching the same problem - my Bosch 800 is ADA compliant and too short for the rest of the cabinets. In order for the bottom to line up I have to lower it pretty significantly and put the filler on top / have the cabinet door stick up above the metal dishwasher door. How are things going for you? Is your door holding up? Do you have a picture of what the top of the dishwasher door looks like? Thank you!
    ...See More

Picea Meyeri - Anyone with experience on these?

Q

Comments (47)
    9-21-2023: End of season update. I recently visited the nursery where I purchased this, and it appears there were still P. m. in same size pots as I bought mine, and they were just as old as mine. Possibly from the same batch? Mine was root bound bad enough two years ago when purchased. Still $7.95 ea. but I passed. ;-) P. Meyeri does appear to be a slow starter. The funny part is some of those at the nursery had 3 times as much new growth as mine did this year. I'll have to assume they were under a heavy fertilizer regime, but I can't say that for sure. Picea Meyeri: 20"+ tall with 4"+ new growth on many of the branches (The shorter branches near the top that didn't grow much this season, have now set plump winter buds). :-) Very stable in the ground (no rocking and I can find the root flare at proper height).
    ...See More
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We did. Have used once. Perfect experience.

• J Corn
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Update from my December 14 comment: A concern was if the leather would be cold in winter. We had unusually low temperatures, record lows below freezing, and no problems. However, I almost always use a throw or blanket, including under me, just a preference. My spouse does not. We were both fine.

• Kelli Snyder
    5 years ago

So, I purchased a 5 pc Nevio in Feb., 2 recliners and the chaise in grey fabric. Let start by, I do love the couch. Now, 2 weeks after having the couch, the loops of the fabric started pulling up, eventually coming undone, and leaving strings behind. Then, a week later, the seam on the cushion split open and now I’m left with stuffing coming out. I have been trying to work with my Macy’s to resolve the issue, but am continually getting blown off by our sales associate. While it is covered under the manufacture warranty, I have been waiting for said person to contact my sales rep and I am now in week 3 of that wait. Furthermore, I sense that my sales associate is growing tired of my complaining and I’m not sure what to do.

Ultimately, I would love to keep the couch in fabric as I love the look, color, size and functionlaity, however, I’m afraid that when we finally get a replacemnt we will have the same issues with the looped twill fabric. Any one have suggestions? I’m not a fan of leather as I live in OH and we get cold winters and I love a good couch to snuggle into, but wondering if maybe we should try to get the leather or just try to return and start from scratch. Any advice Would be greatly appreciated!!

J Corn thanked Kelli Snyder
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

i had the same exact fears about leather, especially since we have had very cold winters. Our family room stays nice and warm but only because of a supplementary heater. It’s always been the coldest toom in the house. The leather has been great, no loose seams, very comfortable seating.

We've now had our leather Nevio since June, after realizing - 3 days after choosing the fabric option- that it was not going to work for us, not practical. I fretted way too often about spills and clean- up. .

I decided Life’s too short for that. We returned it and got the leather.. We've been delighted with our choice, no issues with seams pulling loose, etc. It’s in our family room, our main space for relaxing, watching tv , perhaps while snacking ( popcorn, fruit, whatever) , entertaining guests, hanging out with the grandkids, etc. In other words, we live in there and don’t walk on eggshells.

I do use a blanket in winter but that’s personal preference. I just like to curl up with a blanket over my legs while reading, find it cozy. My husband is never cold in the room.. Keeping the leather clean has been a breeze and the electric recliners ( we chose that option) are still operating very smoothly.

I dont know if that helps you but hope it’s info you can use.

• Christine Martin
    4 years ago

So, I'm considering the Nevio leather. Bottom line - it sounds like your experiences are pretty good. Any warnings for me?

J Corn thanked Christine Martin
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes. We felt that one custom wasn’t stuffed well enough. The warranty service reps came out, agreed and ordered a replacement piece. We’re waiting on it. Everything else has been perfect. Sturdy, etc.

• J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I want to update my information. . We still love our sectional but still have an issue with a corner piece. A person ftom the warranty dept came out and agreed that we needed a replacement. He took measurements. We were to be contacted within a week.

We've heard nothing. It’s been weeks. I’ve tried following up. No response. I’ll update if I get a response.

• J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here’s another thing you learn only by living with a piece of furniture: this sectional is so heavy I can’t move it alone and it’s even a major job for 2 people. Cleaning well under it is tricky. Drop a remote or perhaps keys through a space between the sections and good luck retrieving it. Still love the comfort, but the weight is something else!

• amose13
    4 years ago

Hello! Does anyone have the Nevio in the slate gray fabric that you'd be willing to post? Is it a true gray or does it have blue undertones? Thanks for the help!

• sebettencourt
    4 years ago

J Corn - do your sections line up in the front where the back of your knees would be? We got the leather couch delivered today and the alignment is off.

J Corn thanked sebettencourt
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Yes, ours line up perfectly. I am NOT saying the sectional is perfect. The furniture weight is a major challenge . We’re going to need sliders under some legs so we can move the furniture if needed.. Our Sectional is now a year old and doing well except for a wedge section that is due to be replaced.. All in all, though, its very comfortable seating and The power footrests are greatly appreciated by my husband ( who now has some trouble with other types)

• J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I also want to add that we could,d live with 5he wedge piece as it is...it’s still padded well enough...but I figured we might as well get it just right. As it is, there’s a slight dip , possibly not noticeable to anyone but me.

• Mona Borup
    4 years ago

Hello. We bought the 5 piece grey sectional in Oct. 2018. I see someone asked if anyone’s recliners squeak and yes...our arm rest one does. Other two not used as much so who knows in future. Have been looking for other buyers before I call Macy’s to change out to the grey leather, because the material I cannot stand. Didn’t realize you can’t clean with dry clean solution stuff. But that’s not the big deal. The material snags easily for some reason and just since Oct. the material is pilling terribly and everything sticks to it like it’s glued down. In my mid 60’s and can’t deal with the cleaning like I used to, so am ready to call Macy’s and asked them to exchange. We bought the best Warranty...not sure the name, but sounds like I might be in for a fight. Sales lady in show room made it sound simple to exchange when there are issues. I was lead to believe Macy’s handled the Warrany, but from reading others reviews...sounds like it’s third party. Any advise for me before I call them? Also wondering how good the quality of the leather is and if it scratches easily, like from someone’s fingernails, etc. I don’t have to worry about kids or pets, but anyone experienced the kid/pet test. Thanks.

• Mona Borup
    4 years ago

Oh and I forgot to mention...since everything sticks to it like crazy...especially my long hair...vacuum tool won’t even pick up anything...gotta pick off with fingers. And the cushions where we sit are actually starting to ditch and I was told they would not. Love the look of the sectional...but Too many things a problem. Hoping I can get this worked out. Ugg.

• J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Mona- is this comment about the Nevio? I’m confused because it seems like your comment is meant to be a follow-up to another comment and also that you’ve contacted the store or manufacturer to get something fixed? Is that correct? We still like our sectional but it’s still relatively new., a bit over a year old. I’d be very upset if it was breaking down at this point. I plan to provide updates over time but of course the usefulness of those will only be relevant as long as the sofa is being made and sold.

• Niko Brewster
    4 years ago

We have owned the Nevio sectional for 6 years now. One of the recliners malfunctioned within the first 6 months and we had to wait a couple of weeks for a technician to respond to access it and during that time, the chair was in the recline position. After this service call, we had to wait another two weeks for the part but the technician was able to close the recliner during that time. Fast forward, approximately 2 years ago, the same recliner chair malfunctioned again and would not close. Again, we had to wait for a service technician to come out and then wait another couple of weeks for the part (motor) to arrive (shipped to our residence). THEN we called for the service technician to come out again for the repair. The technician told me they do not stock the motors for these recliners due to overheard costs. He also said simply sitting on the sofa can crimp a wire and cause it to malfunction. Other than that, we LOVE the sofa, it has held up beautifully. We have had no issues with the arms, the leather is of high quality and ours is in a high traffic area and the recliners are used daily. Considering the length of time we have owned it, and it being in a high traffic area, it has shown subtle signs of wear (wrinkle). I would recommend the extended warranty on any motorized recliners but take note of the motor part number and any information in the event your warranty expires and you are left with a broken recliner. I tried to post a review on Macys who would not approve it.

J Corn thanked Niko Brewster
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for this update. I have questions and would appreciate input. Our motorized recliners have not broken. We like our sectional. It’s super comfy. It’s wipe clean ( we got leather not other fabric options ). My concern is the weight. It’s very heavy and not easy to move. I’m finding it hard to clean underneath because there’s very little space between the recliner bottom and the floor. . How do you handle this? Have you found an easy way to clean underneath it?

• Niko Brewster
    4 years ago

I extend all 3 recliner chairs and use a flashlight or vacuum with a headlamp in order to see what's collected there. I recently switched from a Dyson vac to Shark and it's a lot easier. Shark has an attachment that goes under the sectional and is great. I will attach a photo. The Shark has a lift away feature that allows it to separate from the upright making it easy to maneuver under the leg rests. But their MultiFLEX wand is great for using under the backs of the sofa, under other appliances and hard to reach places like the washing machine. Good luck with your sofa. We love ours too, It is comfortable and has held up in our heavy use area. Once a year we detach all the chairs for a deep cleaning but it is a big task and getting them to line up and reattach is a grueling process. Lots of luck to you.

when they are in the recline position and it has a headlamp which makes it easy.

• sammiluu
    4 years ago

My husband and I went to Macy’s yesterday to try out this sectional. I was sad to hear this sectional only came in dark gray and white leather. We want brown leather like the you have @Niko Brewster.

• angielajohnson
    4 years ago

We have a Nevio 3-piece fabric option a few months ago. So far we love it. It is very comfortable and looks great. The only drawback is that the fabric doesn't hold up super well with 2 kids, dog and a cat. We recently decided to move and the 3-piece will not fit in our new space. I am curious if anyone has experience converting a 3-piece to a 2-piece, and if that is even an option? Thanks!

• J Corn
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The company offers many options. If no one here responds to your question, I’d contact them. Our sales person worked closely with us to provide assistance in selecting pieces to fit our space without pushing us to exceed our budget. In fact, he suggested a less expensive configuration which we hadn’t even considered.

• Niko Brewster
    4 years ago

"Angiela Johnson"- We removed two sections from our sectional because it was too large for our space. We felt it was a roadblock when you entered our home. You can remove any chair and the pieces that attach each chair can be rotated to accommodate each chair so you can securely connect them. We turned our sectional into a nice long sofa with three reclining chairs. You can see the two pieces we removed in the above photo. We enjoyed the sectional for 6 years and just felt it was a big obstacle for our space. The sofa has held up nicely for the age and considering it is in a high traffic area, used daily. Good luck.

• Matt Cutshall
    4 years ago

Hi , do you remember the name of the brown color? Is it congac?

• Wonder Life
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We bought it Dec 2019. it is huge, strong, I purchase the light grey custom,we purchased the warranty for 3 years (extra 500) modern, my cat will destroy by the time we are able to live the house we are still in confinement, I love the sofa, we paid $3500 total! well worth it

• Joel McDonald
    3 years ago

I am considering purchasing the Nevio 5 piece leather sectional with chaise in Argento Stone Ivory...decent promotion right now....I am concerned with some of the reviews of the arm breaking....how did that exactly happen?

• Amir Rupshi
    3 years ago

Just purchased today the Nevio 5-pc Leather Sectional Sofa with Chaise, 2 Power Recliners. Anyone recently with any issues with this model. We can cancel the order if needed.

• HU-423091716
    3 years ago

We bought the Nevio 4 piece sectional in grey fabric. We bought it from the Macy's warehouse, when we actually went in to buy the bed. Big mistake to not have the warranty. It's hardly used as it is in our formal living space. I'm usually the one that sits on it when I work late nights or want a change of space. I'm not too heavy (about 140lbs). Its been only a year and one of the pieces (the one with the armrest which is used the most) is making squeaking noise when I change position. It's also starting to pill a lot on the one that is used most. Like the other reviewers mentioned, the only way to get anything off of it is by hand. Vacuuming etc. won't work.

It looks elegant and modern. If you fall for it's beauty like we did, make sure you get the warranty. Go for leather. Fabric is not recommended as it is hard to maintain. Even if your kids are good, it is hard to avoid spills etc. from little and big guests. My daughter's friend accidently rubbed off the oil paint on her clothes (after a school painting project) when she rolled around on the sofa. She had spread it to 3 pieces. I had to pay an upholstery cleaner who helped clean up the mess. Since it is a different kind of a sectional, unable to find any protective sofa covers.

Any idea how to get rid of the squeaking noise?

Hope this helps other buyers

• maroonhoo
    3 years ago

@Joel McDonald, so what'd you decide? The Nevio 5 pc is currently $3300 or 3500 depending on whether you get the 2 or 3 power chair option. How much was it 2 weeks ago when you were looking and what else did you consider?

• User
    3 years ago

I’m looking at that same couch in the grey fabric. Big price difference between fabric and leather of course. Reviews have me a bit scared and the $500 warranty seems very high compared to others. Like my husband says, I’m on my 4th couch in a year or two. Two have been returned for various reasons. Bad experience with Art Van and The Room Place ....

• User
    3 years ago

@sammiluu so curious about the dark grey fabric cor. Some have said it looks blue? What is your opinion. I’m of course looking to save 1.5 hours each way trip to a Macy’s. Thanks in advance.

• Hector Lamenza
    3 years ago

Just purchased the Nevio 5 piece sectional in mika beige. The one in the store is 3 years old and its actually light grey (top picture). The salesman said it will be grey but based on web pictures its actually light tan (bottom picture). Can anyone confirm if the ones that they have in mike beige its actually tan or grey? Thanks

• Judy Tognazzini
    3 years ago

Who is the manufacturer of the Nevio leather sofa?

• HU-931479944
    3 years ago

What company manufacturers the Nevio couch for Macys, I am interested in a leather couch.

• Kevin Pfeiffer
    3 years ago

I’m guessing it is manufactured in China. We ordered our set two months ago and it still isn’t at the warehouse.

• Judy Tognazzini
    3 years ago

Kevin, I ordered two months ago also. Nevio Argento Stone Leather. Called Macys today and was told they are expecting the middle of March now. Covid delays. Sure here that a lot now!

• olga obrien
    3 years ago

Has anyone used a battery pack with the Nevio?

• Rosangela Craveiro
    3 years ago

I went to buy last Sunday but I was not sure, I went to others stores, Macys told me it will delivery in March 9. I went to purchase yesterday now is for April 15. I should bought Sunday. We check a bunch of stores, all then to delivery Jun / Jul / Aug.

• Judy Tognazzini
    3 years ago

Our delivery has been delayed yet again. Now April 15th when this was ordered 1st week in January.

• Belinda Braxton
    3 years ago

I purchased mine 4 months ago just arrived the other day issue is I purchased the 6piece probably should’ve done 5. needed one side to be longer but according to the furniture delivery people I can’t add the extra piece to the other end instead which makes no sense to me they just clip into ea other?? I wanted to contact the vendor to be sure was told by Macy’s they can’t give me that information if delivery people said it can’t be done then it can’t be done. I have no instr on how these pieces go together what if I need to move in a year a so I have no clue how to put it together. I have no papers only have my receipt from Macy’. Never had such a strange experience

• m
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Does anyone have experience or instructions for disassembling these for a move? I've contacted Macy's and they told me to contact the manufacturer (Kuka) directly, which I did, but getting very strange answers about the product, as if they don't actually know how it's put together. We have the two power recliners that are linked together. But do the arms detach also? The manufacturer is telling me to lift entire unit by the arms and they are telling me it doesn't come apart in the middle. Both of these answers seem problematic, but the items were delivered and installed by Macy's several years ago, and I can't quite remember how they were put together. I have asked Kuka directly for some sort of user's manual, but no luck.

• SBK
    2 years ago

I have a strange question.....My husband and I are going to be buying new furniture in then next month or so. I wouldn't mind the ease of cleaning that goes with leather, but I am concerned about sweat stains. I sometimes sweat a lot, and am worried that this will cause a permanent stain on the leather. Does anyone else have this problem, and am I right to worry, or is this not an issue?

• Rach o
    last year

We have one dark gray nevio sectionals. Everything is Pete perfect except… how do you clean it😩😩

• Johnny Blaze
    10 months ago

looking to buy parts to this nevio set. please email jblaze4284@gmail.com if you are looking to sell

• R Dan
    8 months ago

Re: Niko Brewster photo... What is the color of this Nevio sofa?

• Pain Dudester
    7 months ago

GARBAGE. We purchased ours from Macy's 5 years and 6 months ago. The cushions never felt as good as in the store, and the leather was clearly not the same softness. We got the 5 year Worrynomore, and 5 years and 6 months later the motor on one section died. At well over 2500 bucks, THIS. IS. TRASH. Look elsewhere.

• Pain Dudester
    7 months ago

Garbage. Nevio makes a bad product and Macy's selling it is evidence of their rapid decline as a high end retailer. Reviews of it on the Macy's website are scathing. What you buy is not what you get and they break down and are irreparable.

• Rashmi M
    4 months ago

Also the worry no more warranty is garbage. We purchased the Nevis warranty after the pandemic and after a 4 month delay it finally arrived while we were doing a kitchen renovation. Warranty was supposed to cover pet damage but they backtracked and denied our claim saying it was too much damage & repetitive damage. This was our only claim & the last time we will be look to Macys for any needs after 50+ years of shopping with them. If anyone has tips disputing claim denials would appreciate the help! Rsm24@yahoo.com

• HU-847242109
    10 days ago

We bought the leather 5 piece sectional. Love the couch but the warranty is worthless. We had a scratch and they completely turned the story and said it wasn't covered if caused by kids warranty states it covers child damage. The salespeople did tell us to be very careful how you word your claims. Hopefully we wont have any mechanical failures. we bought it in April,2023.