SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_442616420573353536

Advice needed for gutters/shutters on a white brick house

Ryan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

First time homeowners/renovators here looking for advice. We are in the middle of painting our house white (Swiss Coffee), and while we love the color I'm having a terrible time figuring out what to do about shutters and gutter/downspout color.

I've attached some photos of the exterior as it stands now and some quick mockups I've done in MS Paint to try and visualize different options. We are set on changing the door out to a full dark wood installation. Have attached photos here.

We like dark gutters but I'm worried that with the layout of the house and peaks (we dont want to make the trim dark) that it won't flow very well. Same issue with adding black shutters to that concept but more color is involved. I dont mind white gutters/downspouts with black shutters but feels like there might be too much white exterior space here.

Another idea we've discussed would be dark gutters/downspouts and lighter (grey/white) shutters. Or maybe we just ditch the shutters altogether...

The more options we look at the crazier this is driving me so wondering if anyone else has experience/ideas working with white brick or do's and don'ts that we can follow. I've gone through countless images online but have a hard time finding something with a similar shape to ours.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH