SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephen_r_duggins

A Trip to Wade and Gatton

steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

If at first you don't succeed . . . This is my fifth try at posting something. I don't know why it keeps hanging up. Too many pics or something. Anyway, my wife and I took a little drive and visited this nearby wonderland of Hosta. The next best thing to being at the Hosta convention. I never seem to have enough time to spend walking around admiring their botanical garden. Maybe it has something to do with 29+ hoop houses full of Hostas for sale. I spent some time previously going over their catalog and narrowed my selection down to 70 plants (its 260 pages long). From that I chose my top 10 and hit the road. A big storm hit shortly after we arrived so I retreated to my vehicle to get my umbrella. My wife decided to take a nap. But I wasn't the only fool shopping in the rain.

They sell by the crown, so I kept looking for the largest eyes instead of pots with multiple eyes. Although, there were very few pots without multiple eyes.

Their pots are crammed so full of eyes and roots, it’s difficult to get the Hosta out of the pot. Their prices are pretty fair for what you’re getting, but there's some pricey stuff out there too (I'm not sure why).

But they will split Hostas and repot for you while you wait. Say hi to Bill who's been working there for 20 years.

They have a bunch of Lakeside Hosta too.

And you can comparison shop.

Comments (19)