SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mnmamax3

Minty green backsplash - help me choose!

mnmamax3
5 years ago

Been stalled on our inside project for a while while we fix the outside. Ready to choose a backsplash. I like fun bright colors but was feeling like I had ALL darks/brights and nothing pastel to bring in some summer color. I have decided on a fun minty green for the backsplash but cannot choose which tile.

Option one: Love the color and streamlined look, but it's super shiny. The reflections and super-noticeable spatters and smudges make me crazy! Also a little boring...but reasonably priced.

Option two: Fun design (we will choose the 3x6 small hex, shown below). Tiles are custom-made though and there is a lot of variation between tiles and even the overall color (these are the same samples in different lighting, but I have little sample tiles that show that much color variation too). That said we have plain grey Silestone Cemento counters so really anything goes. Crackle design (anyone have this? did you seal it?). Still shiny but with enough going on I don't think the reflections or cleaning will be an issue.

Open to other suggestions but NOT subway tile, small mosaics or glass tile. Thanks so much!!

(yes the lights are being replaced, and the paint color is wrong, but I need to order the tiles!)

Comments (45)