SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

Advice needed: dorm room drop off (Halifax, NS)

daisychain Zn3b
5 years ago

My oldest DD is heading off to university in the fall, half way across the country from us. We are flying her there and I am frantically trying to book tickets/hotel by myself (she's working and DH is away).

For those of you who have done this before, how much time do you think I'll need to get her settled? She can access her room on Sunday, Sept. 2 at 10:00 am. I'm tentatively thinking of arriving on the Thursday or Friday and sightseeing for a couple of days, moving her in Sunday and flying back either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

The complicating factor is that I'm a teacher and I start teaching on Tuesday morning, so I'd really like to leave on Sunday, but I'm not sure if that will that give us enough time to get her settled? Other than a couple hours of unpacking on Sunday, do we really need to be there for anything else that would warrant us staying over until Monday?

Wish I hadn't put this off so that I could have bothered robo with this before she left on her trip. Not only for her expertise on Halifax, but also on dorm room living. Hoping others can advise at least on the dorm drop off. TIA.

Comments (21)