SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aileensiu

Need help with overgrown weed at the side of house (river rocks)

A S
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I had a super long post that did not appear... so I'm rewriting another one. hoping this will post now

We have moved into our house 5 years ago and we acted quickly and removed the grass along the side of the house and put in new river rocks. Wrong and total disaster now that the weeds have overgrown the strip. 4'wide x 75'long. My first planning was to rake out the rocks, place the left over fabric weed barrier we have, install another layer of heavy duty weed barrier (below link) and then put a debris mesh overtop then the rocks last. I'm hoping that i can just pull the debris mesh if i need to remove the rocks again the in the future. Not even sure if this will work.

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/weed-barrier-20-year/s

We live across from a park which is overgrown with weeds. So I get weeds and leaves blown all over the side of our house from the park. As I was discussing the above plan with my partner, the last thing I said was that since we can't fight against it, we should probably try to work with it. Should we instead of placing all the weed barriers, put in new wood raised beds and use the river rocks wherever available?

We don't get a lot of sun so I'm not sure what I can grow there, shady plants perhaps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus