SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hareball17

Office/guest room ideas

Hareball
5 years ago

I posted this on some of the design categories. It wouldn't let me include KT. So I'm posting it here also to see what you all think. :)

I'm decorating a small room for my MIL (a room in her house). I included a picture of the color. We're using white trim and painting the door white also. I was thinking of using whites and silvers for decorations. I wanted to change out the outlets and light switches to white and use silver or nickle plates. She wants it to be an office but also a guest room. So I wanted to put a nice desk and a chair or love seat with a pull out bed. I also was thinking of a small book shelf. I have a lot of ideas and am trying to figure out what would look nice. Sorry if my thoughts are all over.

So for a desk I was thinking maybe silver or glass and metal. I found a desk (pic below). I like that it has small filing cabinet drawers. It's just an idea. I've seen desks similar to this but without the drawers. I was thinking if I get something without the drawers maybe I can put a nice lateral filing cabinet? I think she may get more use out of a bookshelf. I just want to make sure she has a place for papers and such.

Here is a picture of the light I already bought.

We were thinking of floating faux wood flooring. I was thinking of a brown to warm up the room a bit.

I was wanting opinions on the floor color, chair/loveseat colors and options, curtains, and possibly a small rug for the floor. She also already has a octagonal shape silver mirror that I think would look good in the room. I would like to put a few pictures also. Also any opinions and thoughts on what I've put above would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments (8)