SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

RE: Top Commenter & How to get a clean page

DLM2000-GW
5 years ago

If you want to make sure your name never hits that list no matter how often you post ( I would personally want to hide under a rock if I made that list) here are the steps to follow per Emily.

If you go to your profile settings, and click Advanced Settings, you will see a section called "My Profile Pages."

In that section, uncheck "My discussions" and they will no longer appear on your main profile page and you will not be eligible to appear as a Top Commenter.

Hope that helps!

If you don't even want to have that list appear you can block it using AdBlock Plus or another ad blocking program. You do have to be careful not to block too much info but it's all un-doable if you go too far. This is what I see when I come to conversations. Notice no Top Commenters in the left side bar. and no What Are You Working On? in the banner up top - both blocked as well as the adds in the right side bar. Also notice it says gardenweb in the address bar not Houzz. Check yours - some forums can be accessed from either address and the issues are different depending on which you use. As I've said, a complete flustercluck.

Buehl took the time to detail how to use AdBlock once you download it.

Adblock Plus:

1. Select the Adblock Plus icon
  2. Select "Block Element"
  3. Point to the element you want to block -- everything that you will be blocking turns yellow (yellow background)
  4. Click the mouse button

To cancel -- click the "Esc" button

And this ends today's portion of 'how to deal with a forum you love once somebody comes in and screws it up'.

ps - the suggested cross posting forum recommended to me with this post is Appliances. Because that make so much sense. Remember to un-check all cross post forums when you start a post.

Comments (5)