SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jekadesign

Grill island stone color advice that goes with patio pavers

jekadesign
5 years ago

We are redoing our backyard space by removing our deck and adding a patio using Techo-Bloc Blu 60 mm slab in Champlain Grey with a double band using Villagio paver in Onyx Black on the inside and Vale paver in Champlain Grey on the outside. We are also building a grill island that will be 6' x 3' with a 32" grill along with a double access door below the grill and an access door and drawer combo to the right (see attached sketch of similar layout)

. What type of Techo-Bloc would you recommend to build the grill island and what color? We are leaning towards the Mini-Creta Architectural but are not sure if we should stay with Champlain Gray or do something contrasting. We plan to put in a granite countertop, but are also unsure what color of granite to go with. Should we do black or go with something lighter that has some of the other colors, but may be more "busy"? I have attached a photo of a patio I found that has the same paver colors/banding we plan to use (this is NOT our patio, just one I found online). If it makes a difference, the two steps from our house to the patio will be in York Onyx Black with the first step having a Blue 60 slab inlay of the Champlain Grey since it's a little wider to make it more of a landing.

Comment