SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisstack

Help Please!!! Looking for elegant, yet comfortable & transitional

chrisstack
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I finally found a sofa, although it is not exactly what I wanted, but my search has to be over! Mansfield sofa by Hallagan. It is bit longer than I wanted ( 88" but 83" would be better) and I wish the exposed legs were a little higher, but it is pretty and it is high enough support my head, I have a bad back, and it is more than deep enough. The cushions come with Duraloft which is uncomfortable for me but they also have foam, wrapped in down, and hopefully that will be fine. I am looking to go more contemporary/ transitional even though my older but in perfect condition Ethan Allan dining room table and chairs are staying for now. The two fabrics I picked for the sofa are in beige (I wanted like an oatmeal color, but they do not carry it) one is a linen look and the other I took a picture of. My question is should I get two chairs in the same color, or a different solid color, or a print??? Maybe modern wing backs chairs would work? They will be on the sides of the TV but closer to the coffee table. My living room and dining room are in one space (high-rise building) and I do not have a den, so I do want the pieces comfortable. The first picture is my living room/dining now, the painting is going in my dining room (nice size watercolor 60" wide), picture of my new sofa to be, and a server my friend is giving me, I always loved it even thought it is traditional, I may put my TV on it, not sure yet.

I still have to get an area rug, coffee and end tables, and I may buy 2 pole lamps. I don't like a lot of color. Thank you so much for any feedback you can give me.

Comments (28)