SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Pretty please,need suggestions/mock-ups for shutter and door color

I really need to make a decision, my contractor wants to get the job finished! But my laptop is terrible at rendering colors so I really need some help.

I have new siding in Craneboard 'Rye', which is a greenish gray (changes with light conditions, more gray when overcast, more green when sunny); the trim is ivory (not white, but not cream -- in between). The roof is 'Weathered Wood' so a somewhat grayish brown. The new garage door is an unfortunate mistake -- it is a more definite yellowish cream, more yellow than I expected.

Black shutters would be classic and look good, I know, but I can't help wanting to do something different.

The contractor is offering me Mid-America shutters -- of their stock colors I could go with gray, or with one of three shades of blue (wedgewood, classic or midnight), or even Musket brown.

I could also get the paintable version and fall farther down the rabbit hole, LOL! Seriously, though, that would open up the options -- a somewhat darker ivory, a better blue or blue-green, maybe a different gray?

Front door would then depend on the shutters. Currently it is a darker red, which I like, but I am thinking maybe robin's egg blue for a change. The door is not such an issue since repainting it, if I don't like my first choice, won't be difficult.

Please take a look and help, Thanks! (PS trimming back the boxwood and taking out the scraggly Boulevard Falsecypress are on my to do list!)

Comments (16)