SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_williams67

Weird comfrey like plant with red flowers

J Williams
5 years ago

I haven't got a pic, maybe I'll take one but anyhow... In one of my clients gardens I may (apparently) have planted something that I do not now recognize. This is an extremely unusual occurrence for me as I have (if I may say so) a very good eye for recognizing plants from a very small stage upwards (as long as I have some familiarity with it). It's in a prominent place (which looks intentional LOL). The garden has morning shade, but good afternoon light. It has just started blooming within the last few days, and is sitting at about 2-3' tall. It created a whopping big mound of lanceolate pea green fuzzy leaves and the flowers resemble forget me not in scale and simplicity except that they are terracotta red/pink, (and on a whopper of a bushy plant) it also harkens to campion for some reason I cannot say (maybe the flower colour and the fuzzy leaves). For context, the later bearded and Siberian iris are blooming, peonies are blooming, hesperis, thalictrum and centaura etc. The early lilacs are done. It took quite a while for those buds to open, but even partially closed (like small broccoli heads) you could see it was going to be that weird terracotta colour.

Comments (7)