SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

Rainy Day blooms

lilykate7a
5 years ago

I am not sure I have had a day without some kind of rain for the past 14 days. The daylilies (and weeds and grass) are loving it. It is hard to find good blooms on many without the rain splotches or partial openings. Here are a few from today and yesterday.

Best flower yet on Happy Happy and still have some splotching damage from either rain or slug. I have pulled slugs off many blooms.
Stop the Show (with raindrops!)
Pistachio Eyes-blooming low in foliage. May be where it is. Under a growing tree and too much shade. I will probably move it this year to see if it increases in height.
Otis Dobson-this has been a prolific bloomer this year. Low scapes.
October Fest.
Hernando Star-strutting today in the rain.
Glimpse of part of the garden. It curves all the way to the back. And yes, those are bags of potting garden soil for a new bed!! (No comment!!) See how many are still yet to bloom.
Colby Coventry. Another one in a bad "find a spot and stick it" place. Shrub behind it is pushing it-it is having to lean forward to get sun. It, too, is on the move list. But was pretty today.
Lord of the Storm. Appropriate name for today's weather. Caught this one yesterday before the rains. It did not look like lord of anything today in the rain! :)
Down Home. Blooming low. But funny about this one. Three clumps down in the same row is a second clump of Down Home that is blooming tall. They were set out at the same time so both are same age. Both bloomed tall last year.

More in comments.

Kate

Comments (15)