SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Costco Hudson Sagittarius 7-burner SS Gas Grill

moosemac
5 years ago

Bought this grill and received it last week. I really wanted a Napoleon Prestige PRO 665 but my budget was limited. This grill is advertised as being completely 304 stainless. The only items I can find that are not stainless are the door hinges and the brass side burner. This is a nice large grill which has gotten good preliminary reviews.

The grill was well packaged and came 95% assembled. Delivery was as promised. I have only used this grill twice but it seems to be a good value. The sear station takes a minute to heat but once it is hot, it works great. There don't seem to be dramatic temperature differences over the grilling surface. Temperature was even.

Things I like about this grill:

• Each burner has its own igniter so it works like a gas range.
  • The cabinet doors are self closing.
  • The wheels are multidirectional and there are 5 of them so the grill moves easily.
  • The wheels can be locked.
  • It came with the cover
  • The price, $900 delivered
  • Slide out drip tray and drip cup
  • Controls for the burners are similar to a gas range, there are no preset positions.
  • Fit and finish is excellent, no sharp edges or uneven spacing.

I have not tried the rotisserie or the side burner yet but so far I am pleased with the purchase.

It remains to be seen how long it lasts without needing a rebuild. The grill stays outside unprotected except for the cover all year. We are in the Northeast and grill in the dead of winter. The downside is it takes a toll on gas grills. Our previous grill lasted 14 years with 3 rebuilds usually burners and whatever else needed replacing. I would have rebuilt it again but some of the parts were no longer available.

Comment

Sponsored