SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Progress photos of garden - heavy rains have worked miracles!

I can't believe the mega-leap of growth in my garden after all the heavy rains. I photographed my garden denizens Friday before sunset, so I apologize that the lighting is not the best. I corrected the shots as best I could. Does anyone have any further guesses as to what the "mystery plant" next to Grand Prize is, now that it's grown bigger?

I haven't replaced the mulch in the garden yet, because I am in the process of building and then installing a new soaker hose. Meanwhile, the old soaker is exposed thanks to the "landscape workers" having blown all the mulch away with their leaf blowers. I am happy to report that the heavy rains also saved my heuchies and hostas from ODing on the weedkiller the "landscape workers" sprayed on the lawn on a windy day, which spotted and killed many leaves on several plants. You can still see some ugly brown spots on the photo of Remember Me.

I had a fabulous surprise when I trimmed back my spirea bush---a supersized Yellow Polka Dot Bikini which was a teeny thing last year, and a similarly supersized Gypsy Rose. I hope they do all right after I have now exposed them to a bit of sun by trimming the spirea.

Comments (21)