SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
figureskater04

Ethan Allen Retreat - Do or Don't?

figureskater04
5 years ago

Does anyone have experience with a recently made Ethan Allen Retreat sofa? Does anyone have experience with Ethan Allen's Crypton fabric?

My husband and I are looking at a three-cushion Retreat with Crypton fabric, but I'm wary because of the negative reviews of Ethan Allen I've seen on other websites. We want a sofa that will wear well (not sag, pill, fray, etc.) and be easy to clean. We don't eat dinner or anything like that on the couch, but our nine year old has been known to miss his mouth while snacking on goldfish, and we do have a dog. While the Retreat does not have slipcovers, a salesperson said the Crypton fabric will be easier to keep clean than slipcovers without the worry of shrinkage. (I was leaning more toward slipcovers initially, but the Retreat is more comfortable to us than Ethan Allen's slipcovered Bennett.) We also need something in the $2000 (or preferably under) range, so the super sofas recommended on other threads are out of range for us. The Retreat with Crypton would be about $2500 with the current promotion. We can make that price work, but only if this sofa can last us (at least) ten years. If not, then I'd rather get a bargain on Craigslist for now and save up for something that will last. Any advice on whether to Retreat or to...retreat--as in, away from the Ethan Allen store? :)

Comments (16)