SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdonkersgoed

Bedroom Ceiling Light is no longer centered in room -- what to do?

Bryan
5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing some renos upstairs which involves moving a bedroom wall to make space for an ensuite. Since I'm losing a couple of feet off the master and installing floor-to-ceiling wardrobes with a built-in TV, the ceiling light fixture will no longer be centered in the room. I was thinking of replacing the ceiling fixture with four 4" Lotus Gimbal downlights on a dimmer; however, the stars didn't align in such a way that I could use my existing ceiling fixture hole for a downlight. The Downlight locations and the existing fixture location is indicated below with coloured dots:

I could simply cap the existing light fixture, but that might look kind of bad with my california stucco ceiling. Should I consider adding two downlights (one in the existing fixture location and another one to the left) that are aimed towards the wardrobe? They could be on a separate switch and provide task lighting for the wardrobe (however, I'm not sure if a gimbal light at the full 20-degrees tilt could reach the wardrobe 42" away). Any other options?

Thanks!

Comments (6)