SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scorpioneyes

Exterior Paint Dilemma on '70s Tract home

scorpioneyes
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello all - first time posting in a while. My 1970's tract home is finally getting the paint job it needs, but I am absolutely lost on the colors to choose. The house is currently a dirty-primer color (a painter bailed on a job mid-way ... 20 years ago!) and now we're giving it the love it needs. My budget is limited so we are only painting it and installing a brand new garage door (also lost on the type/design garage door to choose), no other remodeling or beautification. Would love any and all advice on body/trim and garage color schemes!

My family tends to like the safe neutral colors like beige, creams, but i'm not sure how to pull it off. I'm open to warm shades and some grays, but not a big fan of the bolder colors like red, blue, greens, etc. Here are some details: stucco house all around w/wood trimmings; we live in the foggier and misty part of the SF Bay Area; we are using Dunn-Edwards paint (they can match other brands colors as well); my contract only covers one main color and another for trim - a second color would cost additional.

I like some of the modern aluminum-glass garage doors but not sure if it would match this design home. Carriage-wood doors are an option if affordable, but most likely it would be a steel door.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (35)