SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naomi_canty

Help with final finish of bathroom

Naomi Canty
5 years ago

I'm remodeling my oldest son's bathroom, who is away at college and will most likely not be moving home. I'm keeping the bathroom (attached to his bedroom) with a more masculine look/feel, but it will most likely be used by guests. I removed the bathtub and turned it into full shower (small, same footprint as tub). Shower walls and floors are same color with med/dark blue/gray marble. I have purchased brushed nickle transitional fixtures from Moen and plan to paint the cabinets. I'm installing a rectangle sink and putting in new recessed medicine cabinet. Here's where I need help.

1. Thinking about a darker cabinet with light counter top. What color slab and material? Quatrz or ??? The cabinets are an awful maple color but are in great shape and good quality wood. So paint should be all we need instead of newly built or replacement. Was thinking about using same tile for backsplash as shower boarder.

Joshua's Bathroom · More Info

2. Removed large mirror that took up the entire wall and was planning to frame it, but having second thoughts. What kind of mirror should I install/purchase? Size, material if frame.

3. Lighting fixture...I have no idea what would look good and need ideas and pics of what to get.

I've included pictures of shower with tile and floors along with vanity and what's left to update. Your help is greatly appreciated.

4. Suggestions on paint/color. Walls need a light color since shower appears darker. Lighting is awful, picture not doing it justice.

Comment