SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

The "Landscape Workers" Strike Again!

I KNEW I should not have sighed with pleasure the other day, at the sight of my gorgeous Carnival Watermelon heuchera, its leaves gently shaking in the wind. By doing so, I set the "evil eye" upon it and a couple other of my precious beloved hostas and heuchies. The next day, the "landscape workers" decided it was time to spray the lawn for weeds, failing to take into account this little thing called the WIND. Today, just before the incredibly intense t-storm we are currently experiencing, I strolled outside for a daily peek at my garden, to see what else has unfurled. My first clue was the dandelion-yellow little flag on a stick proclaiming that the area had been sprayed. Panicked, I rapidly scanned my front row plants and THERE and THERE saw the tell-tale spots of destruction from stray droplets of weed killer. I wait eagerly all winter, no small task as we all know, for spring and its beautiful emergent hostas and heuchies. I get to enjoy them for a few days until these ignorant savages strike again. Complaining to the management does no good. Just let them park their stinkin' truck anywhere accessible and let's see how they enjoy a controlled experiment called "Can a Key Scratch Paint Off a Vehicle?"

I will trim off the numerous ruined leaves and hope the affected plants grow some new ones.

Just heartbroken.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm