SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tara_horvath

What color grout for these penny rounds?

Tara Horvath
5 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

I'm stuck on what grout to choose for the knock off Ann Sacks penny round tile I found, and I'd love your thoughts. This will be in my bathroom, and the blue tone matches the veins in the vanity top I've got coming. The vanity itself will be white, and the walls will be a white (hopefully a warm tone).

Here's the grout color chart, and a picture of the tile I'll be using (it looks a little darker than it actually is) and a link to the vendor's picture, plus a picture of the Ann Sacks/New Ravenna tile. I'm torn between the grout color Rain, which matches the tile for the most part (has the same bluish tone) and Frost, which looks like concrete. My style is an updated, almost modernized, craftsman look.

I also attempted to make a sample using a little bit of Frost myself. I don't have Rain because it's a special order (and why I'm somewhat anxious about the decision). The Frost isn't quite dry in in the pic, but I don't imagine it's going to dry much different. I'm leaning toward taking a chance on Rain, because I'm not caring for the way the Frost separates each tile out (which, as I understand, is the purpose of going with a lighter grout). My concern about Rain is that it's going to blend in too much with some of the tiles, but maybe that's a better alternative.

Would appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,

- Tara

Comments (18)